trying to make sense of oak park's war on vegetables
when in doubt, ask before you plant…
straight out of the “is this for real?” files:
January 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 @ 13:28:23
I do not think house-to-house confiscation will happen, for several reasons.
1. Federal government is incompetent, they just aren’t that good.
2. They do not have the manpower. They could parachute the entire 82nd Airborne into East Los Angeles and not one would escape alive.
3. In most cities the confiscators would lose one man every half mile. This is an unacceptable casualty rate.
4. Half the cops would quit their jobs, since most of them are decent fellows.
5. Government would be starting a war it can not win, and they just have to know that. As much as I despise “too much government” I do not believe they will overnight turn into bloody murderers on a mass scale.
6. I will go down fighting…. Tyranny. George Washington would expect nothing less.
Thank you for the link.
Jan 28, 2013 @ 14:32:13
Gahndi’s most famous quote on violence was “I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.”, whcih is at odds with the way his work is being treated by the link you posted.
However, “Gandhi’s nonviolent action was not an evasive strategy nor a defensive one. Gandhi was always on the offensive. He believed in confronting his opponents aggressively, in such a way that they could not avoid dealing with him. The difference was that the nonviolent activist, while willing to die, was never willing to kill.” http://www.markshep.com/peace/Myths.html
Jan 28, 2013 @ 18:18:09
ok, fair enough- thanks, as always, for the point to consider…
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.